- Guests meet the Instructor around 10.00 a.m. on the first day at the course at the Barefoot base in Blue Lagoon
- The 6 days are spent consolidating sailing skills, anchoring techniques, navigation, Rules of the Road, and basic maintenance skills, whilst sailing through a stunning cruising ground with beautiful anchorages and plenty of opportunity to explore ashore.
- We provide pretty well everything you’ll need including food for most meals. Students are expected to share in meal preparation and clean-up duties. You just need to pack a few clothes – a swimsuit, your sandals, a rain-jacket and perhaps a light pullover for the night sails.
- Added expenses include the cost of a few evening meals which can be taken ashore, course textbooks, drinks, Customs clearance fees, National Parks Permits and mooring fees (if required), and the ASA examination fees.
- Most of the boats in our fleet range in length from 34’ to 50’. Our Advanced Offshore Courses normally take place on a monohull in the 40-to-50 foot range, but on occasion may be delivered on a catamaran.
- During the 6 days your instructor will cover the curriculum for ASA 106 certification: Advanced Coastal Cruising Certificate
- The course will end around noon on the 7th day (Saturday), to allow clients to connect with their international flights back home.
- Fully-equipped yacht with ASA Instructor
- Food for 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 evening meals
- Fuel, ice, tank water
- Hull insurance
- Charter Licence
Does not include:
- Air fare and ground transfers
- ASA Membership – $49 per person
- Cruising Permits, National Parks Permits or mandatory mooring fees (cost shared between guests)
- Cleaning / disinfection fee of $250.00 per person
- Single supplement for single occupancy of a berth / cabin (refundable if you are willing to share a berth and we are able to match you with another person for double occupancy)
- Examinations, if passed – $20 each (105 / 106)
- 3 evening meals
- Instructor gratuity at your discretion