- Students usually meet up with the Instructor around 10.30 a.m. on the Sunday. You’ll then board the yacht, stow your gear and be given a vessel orientation and safety briefings. After lunch, the yacht will set sail for Admiralty Bay, Bequia, only an hour across the channel.
- Neither the itinerary nor the day’s schedule are carved in stone, but the typical day will consist of –
Early morning, swim, breakfast on board
4 to 6 hours under sail and instruction
At a new anchorage by mid afternoon
De-briefings, time to explore ashore or swim/snorkel
Sunset drinks on board
Dinner on board or ashore
- We provide pretty well everything you’ll need including linens and towels (also beach towels), full snorkel gear, and food for most meals. Students are expected to share in meal preparation and clean-up duties.
- The yacht will be in the 38 to 45 foot range. Singles or couples will have their own cabin.
- During the week the instructor will cover the curriculum for four levels of certification: 101 Basic Keelboat, Basic 103 Coastal Cruising, 104 Intermediate Coastal Cruising (Bareboat Certification) and 114 Cruising Catamaran. The course will end on Saturday, with the yacht returning around 11.00 a.m. so a flight departure of 3.00 p.m. or later will work fine – though if you need to leave earlier, please let us know and we can work around it.
- Although no prior sailing is required, if you own a boat or have friends who own one, it will be an advantage to try and get out on the water before you get here
Our LNC courses are probably the best-priced anywhere in the Caribbean – we can do this because we’ve been running the school for more than 20 years, run the classes every week of the year, fill the slots, and have many returning guests.
- Fully-equipped yacht with ASA Instructor
- Food for 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 evening meals
- ASA Log book
- Fuel, ice, tank water
- Hull insurance
- Charter Licence
Does not include:
- Air fare and ground transfers
- Optional cancellation insurance – 7% of course cost
- Cruising permit – $14 per person
- Cleaning / disinfection fee of $250.00 per person
- ASA Membership – $49 per person (if not already held)
- Examinations, if passed – $20 each
- 3 evening meals
- Instructor gratuity at your discretion