- Most guests arrive the day before the course starts. Guests meet up with the Instructor around 10.00 a.m. on Sunday, and, after briefings you’ll board the yacht, stow your gear and be shown some of the basic on-board systems. After lunch, you’ll set sail for Bequia, northernmost of the Grenadines.
- The sailing itinerary will be flexible according to weather conditions, but a typical 1-week cruise will take guests to all the high spots of the Grenadines – Bequia, the Tobago Cays, Mayreau, Union Island, Canouan – and will cover around 90 miles of cruising. Distances between most islands are short (from 2 to 5 hours) and there will be ample time for relaxation, swimming, snorkelling or exploring ashore.
- We provide everything you will need including linens and towels, snorkel gear and most food. Students are expected to share in meal preparation and clean-up duties. You just need to pack a few clothes – a swimsuit, your sandals and a desire to learn and sail in this tropical environment.
- During the week your instructor will cover the curriculum for three levels of certification: ASA 101 Basic Keelboat, ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising, and ASA 104 Bareboat Cruising. The course will end on Saturday around noon.
- Although no prior on-the-water experience is required, if you have a friend back home who has a yacht and can get you out on the water for a day, you’ll find that this will be of great benefit.
Our courses are generally the best-priced anywhere in the Caribbean – we can do this because we’ve been running the school for more than 20 years, run the classes most weeks of the year, fill the slots, and have many returning guests.
- Fully-equipped yacht with ASA Instructor
- Food for 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 evening meals
- ASA Log book
- Fuel, ice, tank water
- Hull insurance
- Charter Licence
Does not include:
- Air fare and ground transfers
- Cruising permit – $14 per person
- Cleaning / disinfection fee of $250.00 per person
- Single supplement for single occupancy of a berth / cabin (refundable if you are willing to share a berth and we are able to match you with another person for double occupancy)
- ASA Membership – $49 per person (if not already held)
- Examinations, if passed – $20 each
- 3 evening meals
- Instructor gratuity at your discretion